The primary function of the bulletin boards located inside the Library is to provide information to Library users about events of a cultural, educational, or community information nature. Notices may be posted or handouts placed subject to the guidelines set forth in this policy. Application of these guidelines will be based on the judgment of the Library Director or his/her designee.
1. Priority is given to Public Notices and Library-related notices.
2. The Library reserves the right to accept or to refuse any material submitted to be posted.
3. Notices must be left at the circulation desk for Library staff to post. If they are accepted, then they will be dated and posted within 24 hours.
4. The small bulletin board near the elevator is to be used for posting business cards.
5. Notices will be displayed for as long as they are current, up to four weeks. The Library will not be responsible for returning materials.
6. If the board is crowded, then Library staff reserve the right to select notices for events with the widest appeal.
7. Acceptance of notices does not imply the Library's endorsement of a group or organization, its policies, or beliefs.
Only materials of educational or cultural activities, events or services may be placed in the handout racks or table. A special rack is provided for Federal Income Tax Forms and related information.